Re: Earthblood; Seizing land

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 08:48:10 -0800

Bryan Thexton

> I forget the exact name, but you can get a blessing
> from Maran Gor that improves the fertility of your
> fields when people die on them. My question is if
> anyone knows the timing effects on this.

The blessing is calculated at harvest time. Deaths on your fields while the blessing is in effect are converted into increased fertility.

> For example, say you had sacrificed for this blessing
> during Storm season one year, and you then aren't
> raided until The Dark the next year. You have no
> crops in the ground at that point, and the blessing
> will have expired by the time you do. Does it do you
> any good?

Yes, it should.

> Finally, does anyone know if the number of deaths
> matter, or merely that some people die?

The number matters.

Nick Davison

> Is it possible to seize land from clans that are not adjacent to your
> tula?

No. That would involve organized armies and some means of projecting significant force at a great distance. Remember that the bulk of your own military are farmers.