Re: Glitch report, and a question

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 12:54:22 -0800 (PST)

I *think* I found the glitch condition, but I haven't had time to run it enough times to be sure. It looks like in that event (when your explorers have found a magnificent horse possessed by the horse nomads, and one of your thanes thinks you should steal it), and you elect to sacrifice to the gods for luck before trying a raid, if you try and sacrifice to Vinga it crashes. At least, when I tried sacrificing to Elmal once it did not crash, and when I tried sacrificing to Vinga it did crash. As I said, I haven't had a chance to run enough iterations to see if it is consistent or not.

Speaking of which.....if you were to sacrifice to a god for support before going on a horse raid against the horse nomads, which god would you choose, and why?  I was thinking Elmal, for his link to horses, but I'm not sure he would approve of stealing horses, so then I thought of Vinga, as the adventuress, like I said the game crashed when I did that. I could also see Odayla, Eurmal, or others being appropriate. Anyone have any thoughts?