Re: Couple of problems (bugs or my stupidy?)

From: Nils Brobakk <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:27:55 -0000

Quanafel said:

>Hi all!

Hello people! (This is a delurk of sorts... :)

>I'm having some problems with this great game...
>
>Version I'm playing is 1.3.
>
>1) Sheeps (and maybe pigs in future). I have lots of temples and shrines,
but I
>have difficulties with their upkeep. Goods, cows, pigs are not problem, but
I'm
>running low sheeps, which I require about 270 each year.

270?? Which difficulty setting are you playing on? I'm current playing an Average difficulty game, I've got most of the temples (5 Great Temples, shrines or temples for just about every other deity), and that only requires 100-odd sheep a year, which my trader buys for me when I'm about to run out...

I retrospect I guess slaughtering half my sheep herd when I was on the brink of starvation wasn't a very good move... :)

> One of my ring members
>have to buy with bad price 250 them almos each year, and that 250 seems to
be
>maximum number. Outcome from this is that one of my temples/shrines cease
>exist. Is there any way that I could buy or trade sheeps?

Don't think there is... You can get some by going on cattle raids. If your trader buys 250 a year, one succesful cattle raid (where you manage to steal sheep) a year should sort you out. Or you might have to reduce a couple of temples you don't really need...

In the future, try to keep your sheep herd from getting that low. Spend lots of magic on herds, make sure they have lots of cropland to graze on, perform Uralda and Ernalda's heroquests... And don't slaughter your sheep! :)

>(In future, pigs may
>have the same destiny, each year their number is lower. Number of cow &
goods
>is not problem)

I *think* the only deity that requires pig sacrifices is Ernalda, a Great Temple requires 20 pigs a year, so this shouldn't be much of a problem. And there's the 'Swine Blessing' from her temple, which helps. A similar blessing for sheep would come in handy...

>2) Kids. How can I get rid of them?

Wait for them to grow up? ;)

>(Can I use that snake event agains
>myself :) ) I have never encouraged in any way to get more of them, but
still
>almost half of my clan are children.

Make sure you don't get the 'Bless Children' blessing from your Ernalda temple, and disable 'Maternal Ward' from the Kero Fin (?) temple, if you have one. Make sure you don't spend magic on Children at Sacred Time.

Which leads me to a different question - does having lots of children give you more nobles/advisors? I've tried getting lots of children, but seem to be stuck with around 17 or 18 advisors to choose from - haven't noticed much of a change as the demographics of my tribe have changed over 40 years... Is there a way to increase your chance of getting new advisors (other than spending magic on Heroism, which I always do)?

>3) Heroquests. One of my ring says that I have performed 9 heroquests since

>joining tribe, and that number doesn't change. I have performed at least 20
of
>them.

That's 9 *different* heroquests, ie, all of them.

Hope this helps...

NH.