RE: Couple of problems (bugs or my stupidy?)

From: Nils Brobakk <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:25:29 -0000

Jeff said:
> >Is there a way to increase your chance of getting new advisors
> > (other than spending magic on Heroism, which I always do)?
>
> Spend Magic on Children when they say 'Children born this
> year will have Great Destinies' That usually generates one or two.

Hm, never had that one... :(

> Also, spending points on Heroism helps generate heroes --
> though I can't quite work out the mechanism.

Seems fairly random to me. I consistently spend 2 points on Heroism, occasionally someone turns Heroic (3 or 4 people in 25-30 years). Doesn't seem to affect the number of new leaders much, new ones appear at just about the same rate as my old ones die, and I'm left with 17-18 or thereabouts (half of them for deities I don't have much use for... :)

> I seem to stabalize in the 20-something
> range for nobles when I sacrifice 1-2 points per year (if you
> are low on nobles, the rest of the ring will start begging for you to
> sacrifice for Heroes)

Don't think I've seen this one either...

> Don't forget to sacrifice to a deity during the course of the
> year too... Just to influence who the new noble might choose.

Ah... Especially if you're desperate for a new Eurmal worshipper? ;)

What exactly do the heroquests that will 'strengthen your clan leaders' (or similar) do? Do they improve the abilities of your leaders? If so, is this an immediate effect, or does it apply over time?

I hate it when a leader fails a quest and their ability goes down... :( Is there a way to remedy this?

NH.