Re: Q's re: poets, magic, ducks

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 12:43:56 -0500

bjm10_at_... wrote:

> From: bjm10_at_...
>
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Bryan Thexton wrote:
>
> > Finally, has anyone managed to get their tribe to
> > accept the ducks as members? This was one task it
> > seems my poetry was not up to.
>
> I did this. They wouldn't be clan allies, though--silly buggers.

I've had the ducks approach me in three separate games. On two occasions they were accepted. on the other it was not. I was king, had a GOOD lawspeaker and was running (as usual) Silvertongue and happened to have a big 'push' going for Diplomacy. Oh, and most of my tribemates owed me favors -- love giving that food away.

And I must admit, having ducks in your tribe does seem to make your problems with Beastmen go away.

Jeff