starting clan roulette

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 06:41:21 -0800 (PST)

I had some fun with tribe generation last night. I decided on the initial choices I wanted to make (Ernaldan/100 day hunt/balanced/wake
Issaries/pro-dragon/vast tracks of land/clan name=grey cat/hard/long).

Then I went through tribe generation a whole bunch of times. The results were interesting--although I regret not saving my first trial, since it had the most perfect starting ring I've ever seen.

Now, I'm not advocating trying again and again to get the best possible starting position, but this experience does suggest to me that if you start up, and have a hard time getting excited about your tribe,

spinning the wheel again might give you something more palatable. After all, you have to be able to identify with the tribe to really get into the story.

Oh, I finally did keep one of them--not the best, not the worst, but reasonably interesting. I reassigned lots of farmers to hunters, then I recruited weaponthanes. Then I had my first event--I got flooded! Yup, the lord of the sea didn't wait long to satisfy my curiousity about exactly how effective an enemy he is! So lets loose 100 cattle and 1/3 of my goods, plus some food I think (with the promise of a bad harvest) at the start of a "hard" game......this one should be REAL challenge *grin*

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com