Re: Where is everybody?

From: Kevin Matheny <kmatheny_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:36:24 -0600

Another lurker chimes in...

I'm a long-time RQ fan (since 1980), and I watched the development of KoDP with great excitement. I have to say, it's my pick as the best game of 1999.

I've lost a short game (couldn't do the Orlanth and Aroka HQ to save my life), and had a promising start on a second when my HD went south. I've just started a new short game (and was quite pleased to learn here that I will be able to raid late in the year due to choosing Valind).

I'm really interested in the general strategy tips, and I find the comments from David Dunham to be illuminating (or is that Illuminating?).

I'm also interested in finding out two things about the rest of the list denizens: whether you knew about RQ/Glorantha prior to KoDP, and what other kinds of games you play (both computer and non-).

My answers are yes (as indicated above), and, oh heck, I'll just list them: Computer games on the HD now (following a reinstall) KoDP
Quake2
Quake3Arena
Half-Life (and Opposing Force)
Alpha Centauri
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII (just arrived Tuesday)

Role-playing games:
Call of Cthulhu (currently playing)

RuneQuest (currently reading Pavis and Big Rubble)
Feng Shui (plotting a campaign to run)
Champions (not playing right now... :sigh:)

Other games:
Poker (every other month or so)
Cosmic Encounter (rarely but with great enjoyment) Magic: the Gathering (well, not in months...)

There, that ought to be Too Much Information.

Kevin

Kevin Matheny                   ][      "How's the water?"
Content Manager, Bestbuy.com    ][      "It's a bit sharky, but you get
used to it!"
kmatheny_at_...           ][      Arthur and the Tick,
612/597-1965 cellular                   ][      The Tick vs. Pineapple Pokopo