Re: Where is everybody?

From: Eric Hansen <eric_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:46:37 -0500

Another lurker looms portentiously from the shadows...

        My exploration of Glorantha began c. 1979 with White Bear and Red Moon. RQ2 soon followed, and I've been hooked ever since. I was fortunate enough to be involved in the first round of playtesting for Hero Wars, and I can't wait for the game to finally emerge from the underworld, bringing with it the dawn of a new epoch for Glorantha. Not that there's really been any sort of great darkness, but...

        I picked up KoDP at my local game store (stunning that they actually stocked something not White Wolf or GURPS) near the end of January. I've won a short game, and am just into phase 2 of a long game. I haven't time to play as much as I'd like, but I manage to get a couple of years in every day or so. I'd like to say kudos to David Dunham and the whole A# team for a truly interesting game with more depth than any 5 other strategy games combined (I know; I play them all.) And without the crap I always get because directX and various device drivers won't play nice with game n.

        I think Rick Meints has already said much of what I would about the game, but I think it's worth repeating:

> I really admire KoDP because it has given people (many for the
> first time) the chance to play in glorantha from a
> cultural/group perspective instead of the wandering adventurer angle.
> Thanks to David Dunham to being financialy brave enough to create
> a visually beautiful game with such depth and thoughtfulness.

        I sure hope there's enough interest (read: sales) to warrant follow-up products; what happens to your clan when the Empire sends the Bat to your neck of Dragon Pass :-)

Eric Hansen