Re: RQ Gurps

From: Jon Thorvaldson <yinkin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:32:36 +0100

Apologies beforehand for the off-topic contents.

>From: bjm10_at_...

>It's not GURPS: Glorantha that I'm working on, since I intend to use the
>RQ stats (with some modification to POW--the most broken of the RQ
>stats), percentile skill rolls, and building skills up from default with
>the RQ-style category modifiers. However, a lot of other elements from
>GURPS (combat

I do hope that you won't use the GURPS defense rules right away. That is one of the (few) things that I consider seriously broken with GURPS, that you care unable to defend yourself to a proper degree. I mean, if you're really good, say sword 16, armed with leather armor (PD2) then you have 0 or less on 3d6 to parry, thats less than 50%. Well, at least it buggered me... :-)

> adapted for percentile use, magic adapted from GURPS
>rules--NOT the vanilla "GURPS Magic" system though,

Which magic system is it that your thinking of using? There are some!

(Perhaps this siscussion should go off the list...)

Jon Thorvaldson

'Yakka foob mog. Grug pubbawup zink wattoom gazork. Chumble spuzz.'

  -Newton's First Law of Motion, as explained by Calvin, in his own words.