Re: Where is everybody?

From: Jon Thorvaldson <yinkin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:32:38 +0100

Hello listmates!
My name is Jon Thorvaldson, I'm from Sweden and I've been playing RPGs since 1984, beginning with the first (and by then the only) swedish game
'Drakar och Demoner', the first edition of which was a literal translation
of Basic Roleplaying and Magic World, so in a sense I've been playing RQ since then! :-) My first contact with RQ was in 1989, I think, and Glorantha... about the same time. I've been a gloranthafan siince the beginning of the 90's, although I haven't played in G for some years now...

Currently I play Feng Shui, Planescape (=AD&D, though we have mutated the system a lot... all to the better! It would be difficult to go the other way...), Ars Magica, Warhammer Roleplay... and another AD&D campaign, actually. Through the years I've played Fantasy Hero, Call of Cthulhu, GURPS, Shadowrun, Werewolf, Vampire:Dark Ages, and some other games...

On the computer HD I have WarlordsII, Civ2 and KoDP, plus Shanghai, Snood and a game of patience.

I learned about KoDP on the Glorantha Digest and on Issaries site. Some people here in Uppsala got together and ordered a half-a-dozen copies almost the moment it was released, and I'm not disappointed! We've managed to get at least one person who knew nothing of Glorantha beforehand to buy the game, heh, heh, heh!
:-)

The most interesting things are the general hints and tips, not the specific ones (the 'spoilers', I mean.) Such as the one about grazing lands/malnourished cows and things like that the rain and sun blessings are compatible.

'Yakka foob mog. Grug pubbawup zink wattoom gazork. Chumble spuzz.'

  -Newton's First Law of Motion, as explained by Calvin, in his own words.