De-Lurking

From: Jim Rogers <jlrogers_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:43:38 -0500

Gang,

Thought I would chime in. I've been in RPGs since the mid-70s; RQ since GenCon of 1980ish; and in love with Glorantha for a while (Played Trollball on the frozen tundra of GloranthaCon I). I don't play RPGs any more, since I moved to East Tennessee, but have not lost the fondness for games and gaming. I play some ftf boardgames occasionally. I'm fond of Sid Meier's computer games, though Alpha Centauri was disappointing.

Dave gets all the kudos I can muster for his game. I haven't laughed, cried, screamed, and been so happy gaming in a long time. I finished a Short Game (playing on lunch hours), and am on a third try for a Long Game.

I just wanted to mention that I've had a lot of luck with a Berserker and Blood Earth shrine combination. There's never any shortage of raids, and the benefits to my crop production seems worth the losses. Of course, I'm recruiting a lot too. Oh well, always trade-offs. I've never seen the vast majority of the treasures, but I don't explore outside the tula area nearly as much as I should. I hope to work on that better in the future.

Thanks for reading.

Jim Rogers