Re: Re: odd messages; agricultural blessings

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:11:34 -0500

Joe Casadonte wrote:

> From: Joe Casadonte <joc_at_...>
>
> At 05:38 PM 2/10/00 , you wrote:
>
> >Um, I don't know, there should always be an explanation: either lack
> >of funds to build and dedicate, or lack of worshippers (since they
> >are already visiting other shrines). There must be some combination
> >of circumstances that's not generating a message.
> >
> >You never need a ring member of a specific religion to build a shrine.
>
> In my latest game I have a shrine to Barntar, but it won't let me build it
> to the second level. It simply says: You can only reduce this shrine, or
> words to that affect. No explanation of why. Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> joe
> joc_at_...

I would say one of the following is the case: You don't have enough goods to build it (this seems most likely), you don't have enough blessings to build it. Or your clan is supporting the maximum number of shrines it can support. I'd try getting a few more allies and trade partners or just make sure you have the correct amount of goods available.

Jeff