RE: A proto-faq

From: Nils Brobakk <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:59:29 -0000

Jeff said:

> Its odd. I've gotten that spike in every long game I have played. It
> is 'just' an encounter. But its one of the mid-term story
> encounters.

So what exactly does the spike do? Does it actually give you any benefits, or do you just get raided by trolls lots? I've always wondered about their motives: "We're fed up with the troll raids. Do you mind holding on to this for a couple of decades?" :)

Has anyone tried not giving it back to them? I accidentally traded it away once (offered someone a treasure, and it turned out to be the only one I had... :(, but I think the game ended before they came back...

NH.