Re: PDP and Clan Simulation Rules

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:54:55 -0500

Martin Crim wrote:

> From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...>
>
> At 01:53 PM 02/16/2000 -0000, you wrote:
> >From: Nick Hollingsworth <NickH_at_...>
> >
> >David Dunham (#36)
> >> Don't forget that you can bring up Help from within a
> >> scene, and get a little info about clans.
> >
> >Didn't have a chance to try this yesterday. But will do ASAP.
> >
> >Out of interest, do you use similar mechanics to those in the game
> >when running PenDragon Pass? I seem to recall talk of clan management
> >and crop levels in old descriptions of the game. Are these things
> >contained in the PDP rules? I just wonder if the farming and the magic
> >simulators eveolved out of a paper based system.
>
> There was a supplement that had economics rules, but IIRC they didn't work
> very well. Greg Stafford told me in private correspondence that they
> didn't plan to pursue that economic model any further, but that was -what-
> 12 years ago?
>
> >Yonks back on the Glorantha Digest someone suggested the Vikings boxed
> >set as a good source of clan / stead management rules. Does anyone
> >know if there is anything suitable in there?
>
> Don't have it to hand, but off the top of my head, no, there's nothing there.
>
> --Martin

Actually, I find it rather amazing how well the game boils every thing down to 6 skills and a hybrid skill (Poetry). I don't know about the economics but I suspect that a lot of HW campaigns will be a suspiscious resemblance to a KODP Clan, despite the 300 year differential.

Hopeful, great advances in Sheep Herding will be made!

Jeff