RE: raids vs cattle raids

From: Nils Brobakk <nils_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:09:53 -0000

Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...> asked:

> Recently I had an event where my weaponthanes came and
> complained that we hadn't raided in far too long, and

[snip]

> Do you really need to raid periodically too?
>
> I thought a cattle raid was good enough. Is it?

No, apparently you need to go on a 'proper' raid once in a while for your combat magic to be fully effective. You'll get little warnings when you've gone too long without raiding - on the combat screen, your advisors will point out that you need to raid for your magic to be effective, and after a battle (if you're raided), you'll get someone saying something like "We drove them off, but our battle magic hardly had any effect."

> -They are refering to the sacred time rituals here,
> not the god-specific blessings, right?

Just the sacred time rituals, as far as I know.

> -Are the thanes less restive about not raiding if you
> switch to being a peace clan?

I've always stuck to a balanced clan, but I assume you'd need to raid less often (if at all) in a peace clan...

NH.