Re: snakepipe hollow

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:27:37 -0800 (PST)

Warning: mildly spoiler-ish regarding snake pipe hollow and the troll lands.

I did have an expedition come back alive, even carrying about five cows worth of loot they found hidden behind a rock. I got the impression that they were hiding behind the rock themselves when they found it. They were less than fulsome in their recommendations of it a tourist destination--something about it crawling with chaos creatures. In its typical understated style, the chronicle says: "An expedition to the north found a little bit of loot, and survived pitched battle with its many creatures of chaos. "

As to the troll lands, I'll let the chronicle say it again:
"Our exploration party was taken prisoner by trolls and presented to their leader, Cragspider. �Our clan will promise never to come here again,� they said to her. �Very well, gnats. I expect you to adhere to this promise. Forever.� "

Years later, another party explored too close to the same area, and after they said everything they could think of to get themselves off the hook, she ate them.

You really don't want to mess with the ancient powers of Dragon Pass.

--Bryan
--- "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

> "Devore, Ernest L" wrote:
> >
> > From: "Devore, Ernest L" <edevore_at_...>
> >
> > You think those nobles who tick you off suspect
> anything when you send them
> > off exploring?
> >
> > Oh, Swen... thanks for your advice on what to do
> about the chaos monster.
> > I'm sure those 22 thanes, 14 carls, and 79 cattle
> that we lost will barely
> > be missed. To honor your wisdom I'm sending you to
> lead an exploration
> > party. You're going deep into unexplored Prax...
> traveling with one thane
> > and 2 footmen... oh, and go quickly, will ya?
> >

> Wow. That's merciful. There's allways that big pit
> in the ground to the
> north. In all my games, I've never had a successful
> expedition to
> Snakepipe Hollow. If anyone has had any success
> visiting that pit of
> perdition, could they tell me what they found?
>
> I'm mostly curious.
>
> Jeff

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com