Beautiful as a cow (was RE: Devore's Happy Stickpickers)

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:01:07 -0500

At 12:33 PM 02/17/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
>
>Actually, you have to worry about your tribe members
>sometimes--the result of the Uralda heroquest to make
>our cows more valuable: "Our cows became sleeker and
>more appealing in appearance. Everyone said they were
>fine cows, and for many days all we could do was look
>at them."

I'm sure that "cow-eyed" is a great compliment among the Orlanthi. Decorations for favored animals are likely to be similar to those which women wear. Ditto for men and bulls. Hair the color of cow's hide comes in for compliments, etc.

Anyone have thoughts as to the proper way to sacrifice a cow? Do you burn it? ("We can burn her, bury her, or dump her." "Dump her?!" "Dump her in the Thames." "What?!" "Oh, did you like her?" "Yes!" "Well, we won't dump her then." --Monty Python, the Undertaker Sketch) I'm thinking that burning is out when you're fixing to rush the enemy battle line, so probably a quick knife to the throat?

--Martin