Re: social promotion

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:49:45 -0500

Martin Crim wrote:

> From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...>
>
> From the KoDP game manual, page 23:
> "Like carls, nobles are created by both birth and wealth. To some extent,
> nobles are also defined by ability: magically skilled or otherwise gifted
> individuals rise to be considered nobles when they prove that they are
> exceptional people who deserve to lead and represent the clan."
>
> Anybody ever had a weaponthane or carl rise into the nobility? Me, neither.
>
> What I'd like to see is the ability to draft people into the nobility.
> Even an old Uroxi weaponthane (almost a contradiction in terms) with a Fair
> Combat (if such a thing is possible) could sit on the clan ring and add to
> its war magic. Similarly with promoting some anonymous Uraldan when you
> gotta, gotta have some more herd magic.
>
> How about it, A#?
>
> --Martin

I have! I have gotten 'blahblah has distinguished themselves' and sometimes blahblah is someone I've never even heard of before. Mind you, I've never seen this very often. But it would be a good idea to have a bit more influence over who you get as nobles.

But the gods are mysterious and sometimes you're just SOL. I tend to just try and cope with it.

Jeff