Re: Re: Re: Questions

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:33:55 -0500

llysarpe_at_... wrote:

> From: llysarpe_at_...
>
> I'll just answer to all the reply's in this one post.
>
> About the dwarves:
> I've explored nearly all of the map already, except a small area in
> the far south-west and area's in the north-east, where cragspider
> lurks, but I've never found the dwarves.

Just because an area is now coloured doesn't mean its explored. Visiting Tarsh may drag your course right over the Dragonnewt Wilderness but it won't be revealed. The Dwarfs... well... I think Dave posted something. They are north, north west of your site. Or, check a map of Dragon Pass and look for Dwarfs. (yeah, in Glorantha the plural seems to be dwarfs)

> The Chalana Arroyo worshippers:
> They had healed my sick several times in the course of the game and
> they had never came to ask for anything. I didn't realize that they
> would ask one big favor, instead of all of them invidually.

They are all the same group -- think of it as owing a favor to an entire cult. And that cult can cash it in. And yes, they probably cashed it all in at once. Owie.

> Default Trader/emissary etc:
> I've had several occasions where my default is an Eurmali, my
> king/queen or someone not suitable to handle the dangers of
> exploring. The defualt is not necessarily the best.

That's true. But, usually, it can be. Perhaps playing with the default is an idea. But, for me, it doesn't matter that much as sometimes I find I have new people when I try to alter the leader. And that's a good thing. I don't check my leaders nearly often enough.

Jeff