questions (quest benefits, palace coup)

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:44:42 -0800 (PST)

First question: When a heroquest "increases the knowledge of our people" (lankor my), or "increases our cow knowledge" (uralda), or similar, does anyone know if the game treats this as a small bonus to some or all leaders (taking them that much closer to achieving the next level of skill), or if it affects the clan as a whole instead (showing up as a hidden bonus in relevant situations --our divinations work better, or our herds prosper more, or whatever). Both effects are good, but they are different and may impact what option I would choose in a quest, depending on the situation.

Second: Once you have the tribal king, is there any way for him to resign? I think I'm getting close to the kingdom making stage in one game, and our clan leader and tribal king is wonderfully gifted, but is in his late 50's and is unapt to last long enough to see his dreams come true (besides, on the reorg screen even he admits he might prefer going back to being a crafter now). Besides sending him off to call on Cragspider, how can I depose him? Actually, ideally I'd like to leave him as clan leader for now, but nominate a promising young buck as the new king. If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance;

-Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com