Re: when do I get the windlord?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 11:34:25 -0500

Martin Crim wrote:

> From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
>
> At 07:19 AM 03/02/2000 -0800, Bryan Thexton wrote:
> >From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
> >
> >You know that guy with the heroic combat skill? The
> >one who is probably waving around a treasure or two
> >during the fight, and is likely the focus of all those
> >magic points? What do you think he is?
>
> Nope. One Odaylan who is Renowned. He ain't touching my Raven Banner,
> though I'll allow as how he may be using the Widebrew (just how do you use
> that item, anyway--is it a jug of the stuff that doesn't run out, or what?)
>
> --Martin

A lot of items work automatically -- that's why they don't show up on the Combat screen's "Treasures" box. Those items are one-use or breakable. If you have the Klanth, you get a bonus on charge. If you have the Widebrew or Humakt's Sword, they work when you just Kill As Many As Possible... And those two combo nicely with Berserker and that nifty trick Maran Gor does. The Burning Banner (brekable) and GoldenEye Horse (non-breakable but can die of old age, I think) combine when you Maneuver. And so on...

Hope this helps?

Jeff

Jeff