Glad they didn't decide to *curse* me...

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:19:04 -0500

	Here's one for "Murphy's Rules":
	I am dealing with the shaman/bandit who keeps kidnapping my men and
demanding high ransoms. So, I pick the option "Ask for your gods to support you against the bandits," sacrifice 7 cows and the equivalent of 7 cows in goods, and receive assurances from the god-talkers that the gods smiled upon my anti-bandit endeavors. I send a war party with a Warleader Renowned in Combat, 23 weaponthanes, and... spirits possessed my weaponthanes, causing them to kill my warleader and a bunch of weaponthanes.

        Jeez, it's a good thing I got my gods' blessing first. Otherwise, someone might have gotten hurt.

        And while I'm on the subject of helpful supernatural beings, I befriended the ghost from the Empire of Wyrms' Friends and agreed to sacrifice 10 sheep to him a year. He doesn't, however, appear as a god, treasure, or anything else. Did I just agree to waste 10 sheep in perpetuity? Anyone know whether there's any point in befriending the ghost?

--Martin