Re: Glad they didn't decide to *curse* me...

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:12:56 -0500

Martin Crim wrote:

> From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
>
> Here's one for "Murphy's Rules":
> I am dealing with the shaman/bandit who keeps kidnapping my men and
> demanding high ransoms. So, I pick the option "Ask for your gods to
> support you against the bandits," sacrifice 7 cows and the equivalent of 7
> cows in goods, and receive assurances from the god-talkers that the gods
> smiled upon my anti-bandit endeavors. I send a war party with a Warleader
> Renowned in Combat, 23 weaponthanes, and... spirits possessed my
> weaponthanes, causing them to kill my warleader and a bunch of weaponthanes.
> Jeez, it's a good thing I got my gods' blessing first. Otherwise, someone
> might have gotten hurt.

Yeah... Its annoying. For that situation, you have to send in a leader who's good with MAGIC as well as combat. That's the only way I've manage to nail that little bugger. When facing Magic, you have to resort to someone who's good at that.

He keeps coming back too, until you do. Lost two good men taking him down. I threw a feast as soon as I did. There was much rejoicing.

> And while I'm on the subject of helpful supernatural beings, I befriended
> the ghost from the Empire of Wyrms' Friends and agreed to sacrifice 10
> sheep to him a year. He doesn't, however, appear as a god, treasure, or
> anything else. Did I just agree to waste 10 sheep in perpetuity? Anyone
> know whether there's any point in befriending the ghost?
>
> --Martin

Wow. What ghost is that? The ones in the stones? Or the one haunting the stead? I think he may just keep taking sheep each year, but you will notice he does repay your sacrifices with a gift -- check your Sacred Time for details.

Eventually, he gets bored and leaves and you stop sacrificing, if this is what I think it is. Hope this helps!

Jeff