Re: Glad they didn't decide to *curse* me...

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:34:09 -0500

At 03:12 PM 03/14/2000 -0500, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:
>> Here's one for "Murphy's Rules":
>Yeah... Its annoying. For that situation, you have to send in a leader
>who's good with MAGIC as well as combat.

Is Renowned good enough?

Bryan Thexton wrote:
>What was the magic rating of the warband leader, and
>how was your clan magic?

My clan magic was high, about 8.

Is my bad luck possibly due to a curse? I did a Divination, and it only said that the fox spirits were "miffed." (Why they're miffed, I don't know, since I granted them all their demands.) The game seems set to hose me at every opportunity and the fun is rapidly draining away. This is the first game I've run on Average difficulty, having found Easy too easy, but if it continues in this vein I'll be finding something else to do with my limited free time.

>> And while I'm on the subject of helpful supernatural beings, I
befriended
>> the ghost from the Empire of Wyrms' Friends ...
>Wow. What ghost is that? The ones in the stones? Or the one haunting
>the stead?

The stead.

>I think he may just keep taking sheep each year, but you will
>notice he does repay your sacrifices with a gift -- check your Sacred
>Time for details.

how much are the gifts worth?

--M