Shrines vs. Great Temples

From: Edward Bornstein <button_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:26:05 -0500

Any thoughts on building lots of shrines vs pushing for Great Temples?

Shrines are more cost-effective on the permanent blessings per good/cow/sheep standard, but Great Temples give you that extra point of magic to spend in sacred time or save up....

And there are the "intangibles" like will the gods be contemptous if you waffle like that...

I find I rarely sacrifice for blessings directly, preferring to save up to try and build and get it permanently.

In a beta game I was able to get most of the possible Great Temples, once I was in a tribe and by letting my population grow to about 1500 (you have to brush off or bribe the "we must split into two clans" delegation a few times to manage this).

--
Once is happenstance.
Twice is coincidence.