The Aroka quest

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:15:25 -0800 (PST)

Well, after the recent thread I decided to see if I could get my dragon friendly clan to succeed on the Orlanth and Aroka heroquest. My last save was at the sacred time, so I was able to put 3 points into heroquests, and spend a whole year building up to a storm season quest. My war leader is an Orlanthi with renowned combat and very good magic. My magic wasn't great, during various attempts it was between 5 and 8, and my clan magician only has an excellent magic skill. But I am in a tribe, and always had around a 100 helpers. I blew off a lunch hour and tried the quest about 7 times. Twice I couldn't even reach the other side, and the other times I always died to one of the first two opponents along the way. Mostly I took Daga's 99 blows, but later on when I fought defensively I still died along the way. So maybe it wasn't my time, or maybe it really is harder with a dragon friendly clan!

Tomorrow, I go and play this year over again, since that wasn't really a heroquest I felt an urgent need to complete just yet. Hmmm, it is supposed to be a good year for trading, I wonder if I should try the Issaries quest?

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com