Re: Re:; eliminating clans;

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 06:22:51 -0800 (PST)

On the other hand, it does seem just a little bit odd that yours is the only clan in Dragon Pass that has *any* chance of giving up and disolving itself. I don't consider it a big deal either way, but it could have made for a neat event "A group of ragged cottars arrive at the edge of your tula, with a small herd of sheep. They say that the Zethnoring clan has collapsed after repeated misfortune. Most of what was left of the clan has returned to Heortland, but these cottars say there is nothing for them to return to, and they'd rather stay in Dragon Pass. They say <your> clan is clearly prosperous, and they petition to join you. Do you a) Accept them as Cottars, b) Reward their bravery and dedication with fine land and a starter herd, c) give them hospitality then send them on their way, d) capture them and make them into thralls, or e) turn them away" I can imagine some interesting comments from the ring going with this one.

Of course, that raises entirely new issues of balancing the clans once one disapears. Unless it was always the the same clan (description, not name), and then of course we would all figure out that there was no point in allying with or making a trade route to the clan "known for their rashness and poor judgement" or whatever.

Which is a long way of saying, I guess I'm pretty content with the game the way that it is :)

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com