King Making

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:02:00 -0800 (PST)

I've never had trouble becoming tribal king when I nominate my clan leader.

Now, in my first hard game, I'm trying to elect my war leader as tribal king. (My clan is Elmali, and my clan chief is in his 50's already, my war leader is 40, Orlanthi, and incredibly competent).

I didn't even contest the first election. The second election I tried, and lost. My war leaders leadership score was only very good, so I figured that was a factor. I finally got him into the Making of the Storm Tribe Heroquest and made him an "excellent" leader. Just in time, too, since the next year our incredibly incompetent tribal king stepped down after even his own clan ceased to support him. I tried again. I spent 150 goods and cows, sent about a dozen thanes and carls to the moot, and lost the election again.

Now, was I just unlucky (the omens were not good this year), or do you really need renowned leadership to easily win, or is it a lot harder to get a non-clan chief elected?

Anyone have an opinion?

Oh, and btw, 2 of the 5 other clans are allies, the rest are all friendly towards me, and almost all owe me favors, and the clan reputation is right at the top of the scale.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com