Re: ....and a not so good year. [fluff]

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:19:54 -0800 (PST)

The good luck just couldn't continue, I guess.

1353 started off well enough, when after emptying most of our treasury and depleting our herds, we finally won the kingship. We immediately sent off a trade caravan to trade for more cattle. The very next thing that happened was the tribe showing up insisting that our king had dishonored their traditions and demanding that he step down! Geez, I never realized that Kuschile was such an offensive guy, to piss off an entire tribe in a matter of weeks :(

I figured we should try and buy off the least opposed clan, and then maybe we could bring the whole tribe around, but instead all our bribery ended up doing was splitting the tribe in half, with ourselves left with only two tribe-mates.

Well, I thought, the Dundeos tribe seems to be doing OK with only 3 clans, surely we can survive--and heck, maybe the ducks will petition to join us. Then, a season later, the entire tribe falls apart since we can no longer support the founding vows.

I really thought about just going back to a saved version at that point (since I crash about once a week when playing at work, I save frequently), but I have yet to go back just because I didn't like the way the game was going, so I kept going. I had a choice of carrying on as a lone clan, or joining another tribe. Well, one of our allies had already joined the Dundeos tribe, so we gifted our way into it too.

So, two seasons and over 300 hundred goods and cattle later, we are back to waiting for a chance to become king!

*sigh*

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com