Re: raids vs raids

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:50:38 -0800

Bryan asked

> So.....a cattle raid, even one involving bloodshed, doesn't count as
> a raid for terms of magic or pleasing your thanes, but does count as
> a raid when it comes to breaking a peace treaty?

A cattle raid, where nobody fights, is different from one where there's bloodshed.

If I remember correctly, it's also different from a true raid (on the sub-game level, you don't do the same war rituals, and its purpose isn't the aggrandizement of the weaponthanes).

Jeff wrote

> Looks like I may be able to make my Issaries Queen of Dragon Pass.

The first time I won the long game, it was with an Issaries Queen (who happened to be my wife).

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.