Re: temples do take cows (was Re: Need general help )

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 13:44:51 -0400

At 03:46 PM 04/03/2000 -0000, Notelrac Starchasm wrote:
>> the upkeep of my temples.
>
>Didn't know that temples took cattle. They take sheep, and they take
>goods. Maybe you have too many shrines/temples.

Early in the game it's possible to have too many, if you're not generating enough goods. But later in the game the temples are crucial, and the 1, 3, or 7 cows each temple takes is barely background noise.

Another tip for getting cows is to watch for events which produce cows and always take them--offers to rent your temple or to take one of your weaponthanes to marry a woman in another clan come to mind.

I have to disagree about the Clay Cow--I don't see that it makes any difference. If it has an effect, it's too subtle for me to pick up on (true of a lot of magic items, actually).

--Martin