Re: bugs and wishes

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 15:14:33 -0400

At 06:34 PM 04/07/2000 -0000, Notelrac Starchasm wrote:
>I've noticed the following problems while playing (a lot). These are
>on a Mac 9500/G3-266:
>
>* The different music themes run over each other. To reproduce,
>recruit some farmers as the second action of Storm season.
>The "recruit" music will play the same time as the "Sacred Time"
>music.

This also happens in the PC version at times. Event music and season music (but not Sacred Time) will overlap.

>* I don't know whether this is a bug or a feature. I almost created
>a clan that was not geographically contiguous.

I think you mean "tribe," not "clan." Both my clan and my tribe have discontinuous territory. My tribe includes a clan separated from us by unsettled territory, and several of the other tribes have one clan here, another there. My clan is discontinuous as a result of taking over 2 other clans' tulas and dividing mine up with 4 other clans. I'm in 4 pieces, but I'm not complaining as it makes me adjacent to a whole bunch of clans and doesn't seem to make me any more vulnerable to raids.

>* Some indication needs be made as to whether what you've done on a
>screen will cause an "action" or not. For example, telling those %_at_!
>#$% WAW(1) weaponthanes to get back on patrol does not take an
>action. Switching your shrine to Varya from wyrdwomen to pathfinder
>does.

I don't think this is correct. I've played on both the PC and the Mac and never have had switching any blessings cost me an action.

>* I've played about a century, all told -- and I still don't know
>what the economic model is. I don't know how many trade routes I
>need + how big a temple to Issaries I need, to keep crafters
>employed. I don't know how big a temple + how many points during
>Sacred Time I need, to keep trade routes from failing. This sort of
>stuff would go great in an appendix, for us mini-maxer gamers, or
>maybe a web article.

There's a link from the A# web page to a tips page which explains how to calculate your maximum trade routes. It would be nice if your Issaries ringleader would shut up about new trade routes when you've maxed out, tho'.

--Martin