Colymar tribe victory? (Spoiler)

From: David Short <David.short_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:36:37 -0400

>Message: 12
> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:45:07 -0700
> From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
>Subject: Re: kids games; Scandinavia; bug; update
>
>David wrote
>
>> I really wonder about what a# has created here. They have the technology
>> and expertise to create some really fine kids games, but I don't know if
>> that market has any real appeal to them.
>
>It does.

Good.

BELOW COULD BE CONSIDERED TO CONTAIN A SPOILER.
>Message: 10
> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:39:02 -0400
> From: "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
>Subject: Re: Saved Game Editor
>
>> The most impressive way I managed to lose the game (admittedly I was doing
>> it with a saved game so I could see what happened) was by persecuting
ducks.
>> The full weight of the Beast Valley heavy mob came down on me several
times.
>> After 3 of their attacks I was down to c.80 people, 2 weaponthanes, about a
>> dozen cows and not much else worth speaking of.
>>
>> Still managed to join the Colymar tribe afterwards though.
>>

>Did the game end at that point? Or were you able to continue and take
>over the Colymar tribe like unto a cuckoo's egg?

AGAIN BELOW COULD BE CONSIDERED TO CONTAIN A SPOILER. In my latest game The Colymar came knocking early in the game. I didn't want to pay tribute, and I didn't want an obvious fight on my hands. I asked if they
would let me join and proceded to not gift them anything. They turned me down with no combat. I love loopholes.

Two years later they come knocking again and I tried the same stunt. To my horror
they let me join. Stickpickers R us.

That was three, four, maybe five generations ago. Since then my clan has produced
several Kings of the Colymar. We are well regarded in the Pass and our reputation is
as Heort. We have goods and temples to spare.

FWIW We were able to do the Healer's Heroquest very early and also found a treasure
that elevated our clan's reputation. I think We've been raided by Orlanthi three or four
times in multiple generations. One brief feud with a far distant clan. Our battle magic
is useless, but then we don't have much call for it either.

We have finished all the Heroquests (I had to save and reload for one, I'm a wimp.)

Our Clan has prospered and split several times. Other than the Black Spear clan none of the new clans are part of the Colymar.

Many years ago we recieved a banner from some tricksters telling great things for us if we are king in x years.

We were King at the specified time, but have seen NO sign of the endgame. No Feathered Horse Queen. No Warring clans having me settle disputes. No imposter.
I did civilize some Wolf dudes, but every now and then I get a leader popup informing me that they plague some distant clan.

Don't get me wrong. It is kind of fun playing with a powerful respected clan, but...will this one end? Am I just being impatient? Can you win the long game as king of the Colymar? I can try and think up ways to disolve the tribe if I have to.

(BTW Kallyr is now 60+ years old and I get a random picture for her. Ask quick for a save game. I'm only keeping one and if I play Dragon Pass tonight it will be gone.)

dfs