RE: Re: losing

From: Devore, Ernest L <edevore_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:52:45 -0500

I think the standard losing screen should be one of the wonderful graphics of your clan flogging the player to death as the village burns in the background. I get emotionally involved with my clan during a long game. Next thing you know some guy you're thinking may be your next chief gets killed in a cattle raid gone bad, or the healer you're priming for a heroquest disappears while exploring your tula. It's very frustrating.

I can get to the tribe portion of the game fairly quickly and easily. It's usually there that things start going downhill. Often you make a decision that won't come back to haunt you for 20-30 turns at which point you pretty much can't get out of the way of catastrophe. Kind of like life, I guess.