Re: Keeping the Clan Non-Grim

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 06:35:40 -0700 (PDT)

Heroquests always help, for starters! Not just the ones that improve the mood of part or all of the clan, I find that whenever I succeed in a quest the clan mood improves.

Aside from that, the Lhankor My blessings are supposed to help (although I admit I'm inclined to neglect the knowing god until well into the game, and haven't suffered too much for it). Make sure you have a good lawspeaker (hi custom) on the ring, and that your clan chief has good leadership.

Follow your ancestors--the people get upset when you ignore the old ways too much.

Have lots of cows.

Use all parts of the game--explore, trade, send emissaries, raid, gain lots of blessings and build temples.

When you can afford it, throw feasts and give gifts, even if things aren't too grim yet--I'm not sure this helps, but it seems like a good Orlanthi leader should show generosity when he/she can, not just when he/she needs too.

In general, when things are going well for the clan in a general sense, I have little trouble with the mood. Of course, I tend to heroquest as often as I can afford to, and as I said, succesful heroquests seem to really help the clan mood, so maybe I've overlooked some of the more subtle effects.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com