Re: Some more questions

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 06:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

It improves the abilities of your leaders more quickly. The improvements provide the biggest boost to worshippers of your biggest temples....yet one more factor to consider when building your various temples....I may not feel much need for three of Ernalda's blessings on a permanent basis, but if my clan chief and tribal king is an Ernaldan, I want her to improve as rapidly as possible, but again, if I build a great temple to Ernalda I won't be able to support the great temple to Issaries that I really want.....

> -What could raise or reduce your chances of
> success in
> heroquesting? Your recent deeds (a raid before a war
> god's heroquest,
> for instance)? Having a shrine or temple dedicated
> to the relevant
> god? the season you choose for heroquesting? The
> gift you're asking
> for? The different posts I read on this topic seems
> contradictory...

For the most part, we don't know the answers for sure.  Dave has indicated that season and temple size don't matter--much to the surprise of many of us. On the other hand, there is still a lot of support for: - sacrificing to that god in the year before the quest.
- doing appropriate deeds (don't raid when going for Challana Arroy, do raid for Humakt, cattle raid for Orlanth, trade for Issaries, and so on....) - Knowing both levels of the myth, for those myths that have two levels of secrets.
- assigning your sacred time magic appropriately (max in herds if questing to Uralda, max in healing, none in war if questing to Challana Arroy, and so on) - having high current magic

Somewhat less sure, but still considered possibly useful:
- questing for an appropriate benefit. i.e. questing to Ernalda for improved crop yield when you are expecting a poor harvest, questing to Elmal for help against raiders when it has been predicted you will be raided, and so on.
- not supporting opposing gods. i.e. not having an Urox temple and/or not sacrificing to Urox in the prev year when questing to Uralda. ditto with Challana Arroy/Humakt.

> -When the "pathfinder" blessing must be
> effective to be
> efficient? When you send explorers or at the end of
> the exploration?

I have no proof, but my experience suggests it needs to be active when the expedition starts. If it is no longer active when it ends, I don't know what effect that has.

> -What should I do to be able to build a Kero
> Finn temple? I
> never
> had this opportunity...

Keep exploring Kero Finn, your opportunity will come.

> -What other temples can be built? I already
> know the rock and
> the wind spirits (By the way, I didn't understand
> the effects of the
> wind spirits blessings)

Those are all that I know about, but there could still be more.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com