Re: Standard Tactics

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:42:43 -0400

Evidently, my standard operating procedures are a bit different from some others. My default choices for actions run something like this:

Sea Season:

1. Adjust fields and pastures, if needed.
2. Explore
3. (If no #1 and didn't have to Reorg): Do a priority action for the year
based on prophecies or ST plan: could be a sacrifice, emissary, or trade mission.
4. (If no #1 and no #3) adjust numbers of hunters, crafters, or (most likely) weaponthanes, or recruit farmers

Fire Season:

1.  Fortify (if necessary and affordable)
2.  Raid or cattle raid.
3.  (If no #1) Explore

Earth Season:
1. Emissary or trade mission. Priority list:

  1. Resolve distant feud, if affordable and have Silvertongue and/or Oath.
  2. Gift to avoid predicted feud
  3. Trade for needed commodity
  4. Form new trade route, if possible
  5. Gift to make allies or nearby clans like me (tribe mates if in tribe)
  6. Trade treasures (usually, buy treasure)
  7. Form alliance, if possible and have Silvertongue/Oath
  8. (If enough weaponthanes and have Pathfinder) Explore tula
  9. (If an action is left) Feast, Gift, or Recruit/Reassign
  10. (If an action is still left) Sacrifice based on following priorities:
  11. Needed blessings High Priority: Pathfinder, Silvertongue, Battle Luck, Steadfast, Bless Calves Medium Priority: Everything not High Priority or Manana Manana: Bless Milk, Swine Blessing, Cult Lore
  12. wind spirits
  13. curses
  14. divination

Dark Season

1.  Feast, if there's 200+ surplus food (I feast a lot)
2.  Sacrifice
3.  (If an action is left) Sacrifice again, based on same priorities as above.

Storm Season

1.  Trade or emissary
2.  Heroquest if spent magic for it in ST.
3.  Raid or cattle raid, otherwise.

Martin Crim
MCrim_at_...
Smith and Davenport