Re: Dig #96

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

> > Then...........you wait, and try not to
> >screw up.
>
> I've had games where this period was very short and
> then games where it went on, and on. Not sure what
> the difference is.

Hmmm, I'd love input from anyone else on this--do you see any common factors in games where the end came on quickly?

<subject: ring rejuvanation>
> hmmmm. I tend to just punt that generation and
> replace
> them wholesale.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Usually I have a couple ring members who are too valuable to replace (they have heroic, the next best is excellent, or whatever), and one or two that are the only cult representatives that I have for (Issaries/ Lhankor My/ Uralda/ Odayla) so I tend to prefer slow evolution of the ring.....but I can see, somewhere in the early tribal years, the fast turn-over being useful, to build up the new generation so you don't run out of good leaders right when the end is starting. I'll keep that in mind for next game.

Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com