Re: Dang!

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:17:31 -0400

> This button, where is it?
> The reason I want to know is that I'm going to go through and make notes on
> all the heroquests so that I don't have to memorise them to succeed. If
> there's a way of finding out what the crucial bits are, then that would save
> me a lot of time (and cows as well) as I'd have to go through the game doing
> sacrifice after sacrifice.

When you are in the background and bring up the myth, click on the button in the corner of the window. One of them expands the myth. If you know the *secrets* of the myth (only a few quests - Uralda, Orlanth and A, and Ernalda, and Elmal have this level of detail) you will find some passages underlined.

> I will still have to sacrifice in the game to find out about a myth before I
> can quest on it, so this isn't a cheat :)
> Thanks
> Rick

You still have to sacrifice to GET this information. Until the god has revealed these secrets (or you've bought the information or had it given to you, it simply is not there.

And even if YOU know, your nobles will not. And they will suceed or fail on the quest accordingly.

A nice trick is to pump up one's information by "Gaining information on Myths" in the Issaries and Lankor Mhy heroquests.

Jeff