[Spoilers] Best Quest

From: Bruce Hollebone <hollebon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:55:41 -0400

David Short <David.short_at_...> writes:
> "My belief is the Healer godess' quest that stops all
> your feuds and the Knowing god's quest that
> strengthens the members of the ring are the two most
> powerfull tools in the game. "

Geeze, what about the Uraldan "peace bomb"? Admittedly, the Uraldan quest (which I can't remember the name of right now, dammit) is harder in most cases (but not when you've got a female Humakti Hero), but the effects are just as amazing.

Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...> writes:
> On the other hand, for long term impact, Issaries
> "improve our trade relations" and Elmal "help defend
> us when we are attacked" and Ernalda "improve crop
> yields" are also all huge, since over a number of
> years they can have a huge impact on your over all
> wealth.

I agree. Questing for fertility is really important. Do it a couple of times and you'll be rolling in grain. The Elmali quest makes your defenders almost invulnerable, really important for a war clan. The O&A "improve our warriors" is also key for any clan that wants to rule the battlefield.

In general, I find that the quest results are significantly more powerful than the similar blessing. For example, Ernalda provides some pretty piddling blessings with regard to grain (Orlanth and Elmal are better, really---you should know both Sun and Rain), but Ernalda Feeds the Tribe more than makes up for that.

Kind Regards,
Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus.ca