Re: Questing and Combat skill

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:05:22 -0700 (PDT)

You left out the option of re-organizing as a war clan, so you can assign more sacred time magic to war, and recurit more weaponthanes to compensate for your weak leadership....

On a more serious note, I think I'd do the following:

-Look at my available nobles with very good combat.
How many, what cults? Any Orlanthi/Vingans? How about Humakti (remember that the Humakt quest can improve the quester's combat skill). How is their magic, their bargaining, and their leadership? I would guess that the humakt quest takes leadership and magic as well as combat, O&A uses bargaining for the seduction I believe, and Elmal I'm not sure about, but at a guess it tests magic and leadership.

-Quest just to improve the questers combat, that way
the consequences of failure aren't as severe (you lose one persons skill, not many).

-Then, once you have a war leader with excellent
combat, you can consider doing a more general quest to boost up other leaders too.

Of course, you could always sit back and wait for raids in which one of your leaders gets to act heroic, and hope that they survive long enough to get better.....

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online and get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/