Re: Boosting abilities; 7 different worshippers on the ring; Tribal regalia; Sacrifices (long)

From: Jeff Kyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:46:14 -0000

> Information often 'leaks' from one game to another. I suspect the
'Ghost Temple'
> bug has something to do with constant reloading - at the end of my
last
> game, I had about ten temples for Urox in my Sacred Time screen.
That
> was pretty annoying.

Ghost Temple bug? That sound interesting...

> With this technique, I got twice a Barntar king. Since the Chosen
One also
> gets really strong, there is nothing stopping you from doing two
Heroquests
> each year. Heck, I think I even did three in one game!
>

> In addition, I'd like to say that the need to have worshippers for
each of the
> seven Lightbringers on the Ring is being over-estimated. I almost
never have
> them all on the Ring. Who cares about the god they worship? As long
as

Not seven lightbringers. Just 7 different deities. And it does make a difference. About as much as using a ring/non-ring member for a hero quest.

> they have good skills, welcome to the Ring! (With the expection of
Chalana
> Arroy and Eurmal - Since my clan seems to get often sick for some
reason,
> I want a healer and the ring, and Eurmal - well, the events caused
by having
> a Trickster on the ring, and then input he gives are so funny that
want him!)

Getting sick often doesn't happen with my clans. I usually have a CA shrine with Curing and spend a point on healing magic at Sacred Time.

Once you have more than 30 people sick, you start to get things sprialing out of control.

> Then, whats the advantage of having a larger Tribal regalia?

More magic each year if you are king. One more point and having good regalia makes the tribe more *durable* I think.

> One more thing. I'd like to have the ability to sacrifice more than
50 goods.
> Normally, 50 is all good and well, but when sacrificing to Chalana
Arroy, I
> just never get her to heal more than 75 people. When I've got 280
sick, it
> takes 280 / 75 = 3.7 = 4 actions to heal them all, and meanwhile 30
others
> usually get sick. Kinda annoying...

I don't think I've EVER heard of anyone having that many sick people!

I've never had more than 80 and that was during a plague event.

Jeff