Re: feuds

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:16:52 -0700

Kaj asked

>No, I know that they have just moved, but what I meant was, why do
>they first beg for mercy and then decleare a feud on us?

Clans aren't single entities, they're compose of individuals and factions. Keep in mind that the game tracks several factors in each clan's relationship with yours. Two of them are best considered to be the attitude of the clan ring, and the attitude of the general population. You can smooth things over with the leadership, and still have individuals who insist on a feud.

And this is separate from the military situation, which can cause the leadership to offer tribute rather than be raided again.

Also distinct is any favors owed (though you can't collect when there's a feud going on...).