Re: thralls; crafters; review + tips

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 12:54:04 -0700

Douglas wrote

>IMG a child is the social status of the higher parent (unusual
>circumstances not withstanding), so a child is only a thrall if both
>parents were thralls. Of course, adults can "earn" thralldom too, but
>that isn't the issue here.

Children of thralls are always free (which is why you don't get new ones as your children grow up).

Bryan wrote

>I thought there wasn't much use in having many more
>crafters than your trade routes support?

There are definitely diminishing returns.

>I find forging trade routes is one of the more challenging things to do.

I definitely recommend exploring at home first, and being able to make exotic goods.

There's a new review at
<http://www.macledge.com/Reviews00/king-dragon-pass/king-dragon-pass.s html> -- I'm mentioning this because the reviewer included a "supplement" which has a lot of tips on the seasonal round. (Windows players don't be scared off -- the game is the same for you as on a Macintosh.)

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.