Re: THane Hireing

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:00:57 -0400

> I've never had that message, even when I was down below 50 horses. Is it a
> pop-up, a ringleader advice line, or what?

Its a ring advice. But it can be a pop-up IF you have been raided down heavily.
It happens if Horses << Nobles + Weaponthanes

> Also, what effect (if any) does hiring outside your clan have, or offering
> an additional 1 cow of hiring bonus? I've never seen a better number on
> the slider, or had any other discernable effect from doing anything other
> than hiring from suitable carls.
>
> --Martin

Hiring outside the clan brings in more people. It does not reduce your farmers but it does allow access to a greater 'pool' of warriors. Adding an additional cow makes the warriors happier, lets you recruit more out of clan guys (You will note if you select 'just out of clan' you may NOT top off to the number of folks you selected.

I would suspect that hiring outsiders might impinge on your farmers happiness as well.

Jeff