Re: [KODP]: Bad event randomizer in 1.4?

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:49:43 -0400

At 02:35 PM 05/24/2000 +0200, Christian Beijner wrote:
>...during the last 3 years, I got the
>"So and so arriors raided us, driving off a small herd of cattle before"
>event no less than 7 times. Is the event randomizer bad, or is there
something
>with my clan that invites excessive cattle raids, my tula is pretty large,

That's a bit high, but it may be due to your patrols. Try putting more weaponthanes on outer patrol. Also, you may need to intimidate the clans who are messing with you, or buy them off. I was having trouble in my current game with one particular clan. After I gifted them twice with 80 food and 10 horses each time (and maybe some cows, I forget), they quit bothering me. If you get an opportunity to demand the return of the cows from the offending clan, do so. Sweet-talking works with most clans, and threats work with the war clans.

--M