quests: helpers vs. gods

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:44:17 -0700 (PDT)

On the related Issaries and Lhankor My quests, you have the option of bringing helpers from your clan or contacting the gods directly.

Has anyone identified any disadvantages to contacting the gods directly?

Has anyone noticed any issues related to what cult your helpers come from (their skill certainly does seem to matter. Once, on the Issaries quest, with our barely competent (very good custom) lawspeaker "helping" in the Lhankor My role, he didn't come up with a useful answer when Issaries went to him with help. With the helper playing Storm Bull having a combat of only Excellent, he's sometimes failed to defeat the chaos monster).

I've always sort of figured that there are probably hidden advantages to bringing along your own helpers, and to sticking to the appropriate cults, but I've been finding that just contacting the gods directly is often safest, and that any top-notch fighter seems OK in the storm bull role.....)

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/