Re: Re: Problems in clan

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 11:52:25 -0400

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> > And since when has 'shut up' been a bad thing to say? Do I have to say
> > 'Thou shalst hold thy mouth closed' from now on? ;-)
>
> It's rude, more than anything. This is a nice, polite, refined forum. We
> don't call each other names, or tell each other to "shut up" or steal the
> other children's toys. We play nice. :-) While a lot of people decry the
> use of emoticons (smileys), they really *are* the only way to tell if
> someone is making a joke or not.
>
> Roderick

But basically, telling someone to shut up in a forum is, at best, bad form. It also clashes greatly with the previously very sunny tone here. A difference of opinion is fine but one should at least be polite...

Emoticons. Yeah, that's it.

(Megatron: Destroy those infernal Emoticons!)

And hey, I disagree with a lot of the max/min strategies here but I listen and comment and occasionaly try to be helpful.

Jeff