Re: AAAAAAAARGH!

From: Edward Bornstein <button_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 00:27:04 -0500

>I just got a virus that wiped out most of my D:\ drive -
>including KoDP, all the installed patches, and my saved
>games.
>
>Just in case you wanted to know.

The read/write heads of your drive have been devoured by Chaotic Thanatari, followers of the Severed God. Do you:

  1. Call Storm Bull warriors to scour your computer for any chaotic impurities.
  2. Raid another clan to seize their software
  3. Send an expedition to trade for programs.
  4. Send an expedition to search for ancient CD-ROMS
  5. Perform the "Lankhor Mhy Restores the Data" Heroquest

[Tribal Ring]

Clan Chief: "The parity-checker ensures the data-integrity. The system-call invokes the interface-standard."

Warleader: "The Grey Foxes have poor password security! We can pirate their software easily!"

Lawspeaker: "I told you we should have sacrificed for the Backup Blessing!"

Trickster: "Why not reload with Linux?"

Issaries: "Our system is still under warranty, let me phone tech support!"

Uralda Priestess: "Whatever we trade, it shouldn't be cows!"

Farmer: "It's all those Mac-using Elves I tell you!"

--
Once is happenstance.
Twice is coincidence.