Re: Seven Different Deities

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:30:01 +0100

>I think it is a well established principle that a
>mythologically correct ring should represent the
>light bringers as well as possible,

Orlanth's ring surely dates back to the Storm Age, not the LBQ, which was at the end of the godtime. The number seven, and having diversity within that, is important, but not because of the LBQ - it's the other way around. I'm just curious as to why HQing is the activity that suffers. It would make more sense if the number of points of magic that you get per year were less if you didn't have seven different reps.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.